Grievance Redressal Mechanism:
The Project intends to implement a robust and responsive grievance redressal mechanism (GRM) at three tier level.
1. First tier: - The Community Mobiliser at the village level will be the first level contact for the aggrieved person. On a fixed date of every month (communicated to all members and residents of the village), individuals/ community can approach the Community Mobiliser to register their grievance in a Grievance Register that will be maintained in every village.
· The project sites will have information/ notice boards with name of the Field NGO, name of the Community Mobiliser, Field NGO community mobilization Specialist, DPMU Focal Person for social aspects and PMU Social Development Specialist and RACP Project Director Office telephone number with their contact numbers to register grievances.
· The Community Mobiliser will prepare a monthly report on these cases, and submit to the DPMU. The DPMU Social Focal Person will review the reports and issue directives/ guidelines to concerned parties for necessary action, seeking an action taken and compliance report within a month of the directive. Matters which cannot be resolved at the DPMU level will be referred upwards to the state PMU by way of monthly reports.
· In case a grievance is not addressed at the first levels, the aggrieved person can approach the Integrated Grievance Redress Mechanism (IGRM) at the state level as the second tier of GRM.
2. Second Tier:- As the second tier of GRM, an Integrated Grievance Redress Mechanism (IGRM) will be established at the state level, which will register user complaints using various mediums (e.g., a dedicated toll free phone line, mobile or web-based complaints, written complaints in feedback register and open public days) and address them in a time-bound system. As part of IGRM, a Grievance Redress Cell (GRC) will be set up at the district level, comprising the following members:
I. Chairperson:- Elected member of the Zilla Parishad from cluster area or his/her appointed representative
II. Convener:- DPMU Coordinator
III. Members:- Five elected representatives (Sarpanch) from constituent Gram Panchayats of the Cluster, on a rotational basis, nominated by the ZP CEO.
IV. Ex-officio members: Representative from the Field NGO.
· The GRC will have its own bye-laws.
· The functions of the GRC will be to redress grievances of the community in all respects, and it will meet every quarter.
· The GRC will only deal/ hear the issues related to individual grievances and will give its decision/verdict within 15 days after hearing the aggrieved individuals/ families.
· The final verdict of the GRC will be given by the Chairperson of GRC in consultation with other members, and will be binding on all.
· In case a grievance is not addressed at the second levels, the aggrieved person can approach the Project Director at the state level as the third tier of GRM.
3. Third Tier: - At the third tier, the GRM will have a state GRC headed by the Project Director. The contact person/ coordinator in PMU will be the officer in-charge social development/social development specialist, who will prepare all the background documentation for the PMU to consider the case with all required information; the state GRC will meet at least once every quarter, or as often as required. The coordinator will be responsible to inform the aggrieved person the process of grievance registration, and the date and time of the meeting for his/her issue to be discussed by the state GRC at least 7 days in advance